We’re excited to have Ms. Chen Wanqiu for a college planning seminar with the topic “How Admission Decisions Are Made in Selective Colleges”. The seminar has attracted over 150 attendees and received very positive feedback from the participants, including parents and children.
How Admission Decisions Are Made in
Specifically, the seminar will:
- Walk you behind the scenes of an admissions office
- Explain how each applicant is ranked and evaluated
- Analyze GPA, , and academic rigor
- Discuss complexities in selective admissions
These are just the tips of the iceberg. A lot of good advice covering the entire application process, will be offered!
Date: Sunday, April 26, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Ms. Chen’s seminar “A Four-Year Action Plan” hosted by SJTU-SV parenting club last Sunday was a huge success! The seminar room was so packed that many people stood for the entire two hours, attentively absorbing every word Ms. Chen said!
Please sign up for this rare opportunity. We need to know how many we will expect, and please come early to make sure you can have a seat! Bring your school children with you, because this seminar is for them!
Background of the Speaker:
* Received admissions training from Harvard Admissions Institute & Stanford on the job training
* Former Director, Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, with over 10 years of admissions and financial aid experience
* Former Director, Santa Clara University’s School of Engineering, overseeing admissions
* Receipt of the prestigious A. Mike Spence Staff Excellence Award from Stanford. (A. Mike Spence was the dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard, overseeing from 1984 to 1990. He served as dean of the from 1990 to 1999. In 2001, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his contributions to the analysis of markets with asymmetric information. )
* Popular speaker on undergraduate and graduate admissions, with unparalleled insider knowledge about selective admissions.
Angie Yuan & Yehua Owens