Fudan University Delegation September 2009
September 23, 2009
Fudan University Delegation of 15 people led by Chairman of the Board Yuan Tianfan, Party Secretary Qin Shaode will visit the U.S. by late September. The delegation will visit leading universities in the U.S. including University of Chicago, Rice University, UCSF and Stanford University for discussions on academic exchange, research and development collaboration, and recruiting.
The delegation will be in the San Francisco Bay Area between September 26th and September 29th, and will meet with local alumni on September 27th, 2009.
Please go to https://www.fdaanc.org/RSVP/ to register for the event.
Below are the members of the Delegation:
- Yuan Tianfan (袁天凡), Fudan University, Board of Director (校董)
- Qin Shaode (秦绍德), Chancelor (书记)
- Chen Yinzhang (陈寅章), Assistant to President (校长助理)
- Jin Xiaofeng (金晓峰), Dean, Physics Department (物理系系主任)
- Wu Quanshui (吴泉水), Dean, School of Mathematics (数学学院院长)
- Tang Yi (唐颐), Dean, Chemistry Department (化学系系主任)
- Zang Binyu (臧斌宇), Deputy Dean, School of Computer Science (计算机学院执行副院长)
- Peng Zhexi (彭希哲), Dean, Social Development and Public Policy (社会发展与公共政策学院院长)
- Yuan Zhigang (袁志刚), Dean, School of Economics (经济学院院长)
- Xu Xiaoyin (许晓茵), Deputy Dean, School of Economics (经济学院副院长)
- Wu Xinbo (吴心伯), Deputy Dean, School of International Relations and Public Affairs (国际关系与公共事务学院副院长)
- Zhang Shuangli (张双利), Deputy Dean, School of Philosophies (哲学学院副院长)
- Liu Ye (刘晔), Deputy Director, Alumni & Advancement Office (外联处副处长)
- Ding Li (丁力), Deputy Director, Alumni & Advancement Office (外联处副处长)
- Li Hong (李红), Director, Foreign Affairs (American) (外事处美洲事务主任)
Please go to https://www.fdaanc.org/RSVP/ to register for the event.
FDAANC (Fudan University Alumni Association of Northern California) is arranging the meeting between the Delegation and local alumni, to facilitate the communication and collaboration among domestic and international alumni. As a leading university in China, Fudan University has incredible resource in the areas of academics, businesses, government and media. Fudan alumni shall exploit the resources available and contribute to the development of Fudan University in return.
FDAANC is seeking sponsorship for this event, please contact Kathy Zhao at email@example.com for more details. For those alumni and friend who are interested in participating in this event, please pay attention to the emails we send out to alumni in the next few weeks, or check back at www.fdaanc.org for any update.
2009 Alumni Summer BBQ
August 17, 2009
Dear Alumni and Friends,
Please mark your calendar for 2009 Summer BBQ, organized by Fudan University Alumni Association of Northern California (FDAANC) in collaboration with the following alumni organizations:
- East China Normal University Alumni Association in Northern California (ECNUAANCA)
- East China University of Science and Technology Alumni Association of Northern California (ECUST_AANC)
- Tongji University Alumni Association of San Francisco Bay (TJUAASFB)
This year we have four more organizations joining forces:
- CA Shanghai Friendship Association
- Kiangsu Chekiang Association of Northern California
- Shanghai Association of Northern California
- Tung Hwa Benevolent Association
Date & Time: August 30th, 2009, at 11:00AM;
Location: Rengstorff Park, 201 South Rengstorff Ave, Mountain View, CA 94040;
Cost: $10 for Adult, $5 for Kids between 5 and 12, Free for Kids under 5.
More than 200 people attended this event last year, and everybody has something nice to say about it. It is an excellent opportunity to catch up with old friends, to meet new ones, to network, and to have fun!
During the event, we will have the Pu Jiang Cup Tug-Of-War game . Come and see who will win this year. There will also be fun games such as balloon tossing and tied race. We have also arranged Pinyata and other fun games for the little ones, so please bring them along and have fun!
Hope to see you all on Sunday August 30th, 2009!
FDAANC, ECNUAANCA, ECUST_AANC, TJUAASFB, CA Shanghai Friendship Association, Kiangsu Chekiang Association of Northern California, Shanghai Association of Northern California, Tung Hwa Benevolent Association
To RSVP for this event, please Click Here.
We expect hundreds of attendees at the BBQ event and would like to provide a great sponsorship opportunity to you. Consider the following benefits for being a Sponsor for the Summer BBQ Event:
- Exhibit table at the entrance where you can talk to potential clients, collect business cards, and distribute literature at each event
- Recognition in the event brochure distributed upon BBQ registration
- Recognition at the event during program introductions and table signage
- Opportunity to say welcoming remarks
- free passes to the event
Please contact our sponsorship team for more details:
Bin Lu, Bin_lu66@yahoo.com, 408-858-3127
Yehua Owens, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-598-5407
Sponsorships need to be confirmed by Aug 20th to be included in the event brochure.
仲夏在复旦 – 龙飞飞少年夏令营 2009
July 24, 2009
由复旦附中教育发展基金和复旦附中海外基金会联合主办的“仲夏在复旦 – 龙飞飞少年夏令营 复旦附中2009”（暂定名）以于2009年7月6日至7月24日在复旦大学附属中学圆满结束，参加的营员主要是国内外复旦大学和复旦 附中校友子女，年龄为1年级至9年级（09年秋季）的学生。
本夏令营依托复旦附中优秀的场地和设施，借鉴美国夏令营企业化的运营模式，为兴趣爱好广泛的中外少年开设包括科技、体育、艺术和手工以及文化课在内 的营地活动。所有的活动都将用中英文双语展开，不仅让孩子们有机会接触跨文化的趣味活动，而且让他们交到跨国界的朋友，使2009年的夏天成为他们少儿生 活中的亮点。
夏令营的管理团队中既有从事教育行业几十年的复旦附中退休校长，也有海外归国的高级管理人员，还有活跃在上海国际学校的外籍老师和现任复旦附中后勤 总管。营地生活区域配有24小时管理人员，负责住宿，饮食，医疗等等，以协调孩子的生活起居。夏令营采用美国夏令营中通用的辅导员模式 （counselor），每个营地活动除了一位辅导员，还配有一位双语助手，营员数一般不超过15个，以保证孩子们有一个安全，快乐，有益的营地生活。
夏令营提供包括科技，体育，艺术和手工，文化课四大模块在内的几十种活动。每个活动通常以每周5个半天为一个单元，既可以让孩子充分体验一个活动， 又可以在一定的时间内尝试更多不同的活动。对于家长，也更容易为自己的孩子设计适合他们兴趣和程度的活动，在进行丰富的活动同时还可以重温一些文化知识。 夏令营不仅用双语教学给国内外孩子提供学习语言的机会，还专门为国外孩子开设中文课程，为国内孩子开设英文补习。上半天的活动一般为9：00点至 12：00点，下半天的活动一般为2：00点至5：00点。夏令营还将为住宿的营员安排丰富的业余活动以及周末旅游活动。
夏令营为所有的营员提供环境宽敞，品种丰富的用餐体验；并为住宿营员提供两人间的标准客房，配有空调，淋浴，微波炉，冰箱，电视以及桌椅家具，并有 洗衣机和烘衣机供住宿营员使用。为方便营员与远在千里的家长联系，夏令营还将为家长提供每日营地活动照片，并为孩子们提供有辅导员值班的安全的上网环境。 另外，夏令营还为孩子们提供休闲活动室，供他们业余社交之用。
- 住宿营员每周￥2700元 或者$395（以一周7天计，参加上半天和下半天夏令营活动，包括食宿，不包括来回机票以及保险和周末旅游费用）。
- 中国国内：email@example.com （何女士）
- 美国西部：firstname.lastname@example.org （袁女士）
- 美国东部：email@example.com （倪女士）
- 美国中部：firstname.lastname@example.org （茅女士）
- 其他地区：email@example.com （蒋女士）
How Admission Decisions Are Made in Selective Colleges
April 29, 2009
We’re excited to have Ms. Chen Wanqiu for a college planning seminar with the topic “How Admission Decisions Are Made in Selective Colleges”. The seminar has attracted over 150 attendees and received very positive feedback from the participants, including parents and children.
How Admission Decisions Are Made in
Specifically, the seminar will:
- Walk you behind the scenes of an admissions office
- Explain how each applicant is ranked and evaluated
- Analyze GPA, , and academic rigor
- Discuss complexities in selective admissions
These are just the tips of the iceberg. A lot of good advice covering the entire application process, will be offered!
Date: Sunday, April 26, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Ms. Chen’s seminar “A Four-Year Action Plan” hosted by SJTU-SV parenting club last Sunday was a huge success! The seminar room was so packed that many people stood for the entire two hours, attentively absorbing every word Ms. Chen said!
Please sign up for this rare opportunity. We need to know how many we will expect, and please come early to make sure you can have a seat! Bring your school children with you, because this seminar is for them!
Background of the Speaker:
* Received admissions training from Harvard Admissions Institute & Stanford on the job training
* Former Director, Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, with over 10 years of admissions and financial aid experience
* Former Director, Santa Clara University’s School of Engineering, overseeing admissions
* Receipt of the prestigious A. Mike Spence Staff Excellence Award from Stanford. (A. Mike Spence was the dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard, overseeing from 1984 to 1990. He served as dean of the from 1990 to 1999. In 2001, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his contributions to the analysis of markets with asymmetric information. )
* Popular speaker on undergraduate and graduate admissions, with unparalleled insider knowledge about selective admissions.
Angie Yuan & Yehua Owens
Night of Shanghai 2006
February 16, 2006
Dear Alumni & Friends,
“Night of Shanghai 2006”, the 5th annual Fudan-JiaDo event held on 02/11/2006, made the past Saturday night an unforgettable night.
Even before the party was started, red gift bags from Prince of Peace Enterprises, Inc. (thanks Fudan graduate Freda Wang) lit up the entire place, and filled everyone’s heart with the spirit of the Chinese New Year.
Bamboo Garden Restaurant did a good job in providing delicious food to 16 tables, that were fully taken by about 180 Fudan/JiaoDa alumni. Every one of us enjoyed the dishes.
The performances started with a nice “review lesson” of all the fun phrases in Shanghai Dialect, which brought back so many fond college-year memories to all of us. Professional dancers danced in traditional Chinese dresses, which added colors to the night.
The highlight of the night was the round of introduction of every participant by a representative from each table. All 16 table representatives did an excellent job, with brief speeches filled with humor, wisdom, and great information too. It was such a great way to get everybody involved, and waves of compliments right after the party showed us how much we enjoyed those speeches.
Also, Night of Shanghai 2006 saw good-bye speech from Selena She, 3rd FDAANC president from 2003-2004. Selena and her family will move back Shanghai next week. FDAANC would like to thank Selena for her significant contributions to our alumni association, especially her effort in promoting FDAANC to local Chinese communities. We wish Selena and her family all the best in their new adventures in Shanghai. One wishful thinking from us is to have Selena set up FDAANC branch office in Shanghai 🙂
If you missed the party, you can view some of the party photos below. However, nothing compares to the real experience, so don’t miss out next year NoS party.
FDAANC would like thank the following Fudan alumni who helped organize this annual event: Angie Yuan, Peng Cheng, Joanna Gao, XiaoTong Hu, Joyce Li, Helena Liu, Yehua Owens, and Monica Xu. Also, thank Joyce who made donations to the event.
Last but not the least, wishing all of our alumni a most prosperous and joyful Year of the Dog filled with success, love, peace, and happiness!
With warm regards,
2005-Year FDAANC BOD Chair