Dear Alumni and Friends,
It is time to reelect the Board Member for FDAANC. We encourage all FDAANC members to nominate themselves or people they know who are interested in becoming board members.
FDAANC is managed by a Board of Directors. We encourage all FDAANC Members to nominate any member to be a FDAANC Board Member voluntarily. The Board shall consist of at least eight (8)members, but no more than fifteen (15) members. Each Board Member shall serve a term of two (2) years and can serve for more than one term.
Board Election Procedure consists of the following five stages:
- Board Member Nomination
- Board Member Voting
- Publish Voting Results
- Board Annual General Meeting
- Newly Elected Board Members Assume Office
About Board Member Nominations
Members of FDAANC can nominate any FDAANC member who voluntarily submits their basic information to be a Board Member as long as the person meets the following criteria:
- Be physically present in the Northern California area for at least 50% of the time in a single year
- Participate in and be a volunteer at least 50% of the events in a single year
To nominate an FDAANC Board Member, please submit basic information of each nominated candidate includes his/her graduation year from Fudan University, major, and reasons he or she wants to be a Board Member of FDAANC (in less than 100 words) by clicking the link below by the end of Saturday, October 24, 2015.
Voting by Members (If nominated board members is less than 8 or exceeds 15)
After the nomination period ends, if the number of nominated candidates is less than 8, the nomination period shall extended to November 7, 2015 to attract more candidates, and/or the current Board members and current candidates shall recommend others for the Board.
If the number of board candidates is between 8 and 15, no voting will be required. All candidates will become the FDAANC Board Members by the time the voting period ends.
If the number of board candidates is greater than 15, a Board election shall be carried out by way of web-based electronic voting by all FDAANC members.
Information of candidates will be posted on FDAANC’s website or via email. Each member of FDAANC is entitled to a number of votes which is no more than the number of 15. No member can cast more than one (1) vote in favor of each candidate.
The first 15 candidates receiving the greatest number of votes in his favor will be declared to be elected to the Board. In case of an equality of votes, the election shall be decided by way of lot.
After voting period ends, results will be published to all FDAANC members on FDAANC’s website or via email.
Board Member Evaluation
- The FDAANC Board shall evaluate the qualifications of the Board Members annually, around the time of a Board Meeting at the beginning of each year. If a Board Member fails to meet the qualification above, he or she will no longer be a Board Member for the following year.
- The responsibilities of the Board are: open and maintain an association website on the internet, edit and maintain a membership, directory, plan and organize association activities, the board shall at least organize one social activity annually, coordinate communication with other Fudan alumni around the world
- President, VP, and Treasurer: The Annual General Meeting of the Board is held around beginning of each year, when Board members elect the next President every other year. The result is announced the same day. The President takes office on the same day and shall start to organize the executive team and assign tasks to the Board Members. The President’s term is two years and one can serve no more than two consecutive terms. The President shall coordinate, supervise and operate the business on behalf of the Board of Directors.
- The President shall appoint one Secretary, one Vice President and one Treasurer. The Secretary is responsible for forming an Election Committee for the next election. The Election Committee is responsible for collecting brief bio from all nominated Director of the Board and nominated President. All fundraising income or donations shall provide the operation budget of the association. The Board of Directors shall have the authority over the budget. The Board shall provide regular financial statement to members.
As the Home of Fudan University alumni in Northern California, FDAANC is serving the members that have studied or worked at Fudan University and currently reside in Northern California. The missions of the FDAANC is to promote the interests of Fudan University in Shanghai, China, and provide a community for Fudan University alumni, their family and friends in Northern California to connect with each other and grow personally and professionally.