Fudan Alumni Association Opening Ceremony (Shanghai)
September 9, 2010
复旦大学校友成立大会, 上海，2009年9月19日 （organized by Fudan University)
August 26, 2010
相辉堂 （ http://baike.baidu.com/view/2497464.htm ）（原名登辉堂，文革期间称为大礼堂）是复旦大学校园内最具历史意义的建筑。其命名来源于马相伯和李登辉两位老校长的名字。马相伯是复旦大学的创始人，李登辉是复旦的重要建设者。相辉堂是复旦人共同的精神家园，她见证了复旦近一个世纪的风雨沧桑，也凝集了几代复旦人对母校的记忆。
相辉堂保护修缮项目的正式网页为http://www.fuedf.org/Xianghuitang/Introduce.aspx 。在北美的捐赠将收到非营利机 构捐赠免税收据（请参看所附FAQ）。其他相关问题请和北加州复旦校友会youwenyi@yahoo.com 联系。
1. What is the official web site for the project?
The official web site for the project is
2. Where should I send a check in US?
1) Bank Transfer:
户 名： Fudan University Education Development Foundation
账 号： 993-225-9240
开户银行： CITIBANK, N.A. (Park & E.57TH Branch)
ABA No. ： 021000089
2) Check :
户 名： Fudan University Education Development Foundation
邮寄地址（美国）：IARU, 55 Whitney Avenue, Suite 400，New Haven, CT 06510-1300
3) Donate Online : google checkout
3. Should I fill out a form when I donate?
Yes. You can also find the form at the official web site. Please enclose the form with check and meanwhile email it to email@example.com . It will help us to confirm your donation as soon as possible.
4. How to select a seat if I donate $1500 or more?
Please go to the http://www.fuedf.org/xianghuitang/SeatIntro.aspx to choose and book your seat.
5. How long does it usually take for me to receive a receipt?
If we got the check or donation through any other means, we will send a receipt with 501.3C tax exempt ID. Usually it takes us one to two weeks to send you the receipt from our Yale Office.
2010 Summer Alumni BBQ
August 22, 2010
2010 Summer Alumni BBQ
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 11:00AM
Please mark your calendar for the biggest event of the year: 2010 Summer BBQ, which is co-organized by 6 alumni associations: FDAANC, SJTU-SV, ECNUAA, ECUSTAA and SHUTCM, TJUAASFB. Summer BBQ has become a popular tradition among our alumni and friends. SJTU-SV and sister alumni associations have been co-hosting this event since 2003, and our joint efforts have made this annual event more fun and more unforgettable to everybody.
More than 300 people will attend this event on estimate, and every one of them has something nice to say about it, from the food to all the activities. It is an excellent opportunity to catch up with old friends, to meet new ones, to network, and to have fun!
– Delicious food including fruit, beef, chicken, and the usual hot dogs and noodles.
– During the event, we will have the Yu Lan Cup Volleyball Tournament with teams from SJTU-SV and other fellow alumni associations. Come rally for your team!
– The Pu Jiang Cup Tug-Of-War game among associations has been quite an attraction for a few years now. Come and see who will win this year!
– Many other fun games such as, pinyada, water melon eating, water balloon, and tied race for everybody (kids and adults) to enjoy.
– There is a playground for kids as well. We arranged fun games for the little ones, so please bring them along and have fun!
To help us better prepare for the event, please register online ahead of time.
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010
Time: 11:00AM – 3:00PM
If paid online , $12 for adult, $8 for kids between 5 and 12, free for kids under 5;
If paid onsite, $18 for adult, $12 for kids between 5 and 12, free for kids under 5;
201 South Rengstorff Avenue
Mountain View, CA CA 94040 US
Online Registration: (cut off at midnight on Thursday 9/9)
(Pre-pay through PayPal or CreditCard. When checking out, you can select either Credit Card or Paypal)
Hope to see you all on Saturday September 11th!
Fudan University Alumni Association North Californa (FDAANC)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Alumni Association of SV (SJTU-SV)
East China Normal University Alumni Association (ECNUAA)
East China University of Science and Technology Alumni Association (ECUSTAA)
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SHUTCM)
Tong Ji University Alumni Association San Francisco Bay Chapter (TJUAASFB)
Fudan Delegation in the Bay Area June 2010
June 2, 2010
A Fudan University Delegation led by former President will be visiting the U.S. from June 18 to June 29, 2010. Their main purposes are to meet with Fudan alumni in the U.S. and to attend a seminar titled “Bio-pharmaceutical Forum” organized by Fudan alumni in New York.
Their first stop is San Francisco and the delegation has scheduled to meet our Fudan Alumni from San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday, June 19, 2010. This is also an excellent opportunity for our alumni to meet new friends and catch up with each other.
This Fudan University Delegation is consisted of 5 members. They are
- Prof. WANG Shenghong , Former President, current Chair of Fudan International Communication and Cooperation Committee and the first Vice President of Fudan Universtiy Alumni Association (王生洪教授,前任校长,现为复旦大学国际及港澳台交流与合作委员会主席、复旦大学校友会第一副会长)
- Prof. PENG Yuwen, former Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee, current Deputy Director of Fudan School Affairs Committee (彭裕文教授,原校党委常务副书记、现为复旦大学校务委员会副主任)
- ZHANG Honglian, Director of Alumni & Advancement Office (张宏莲, 对外联络处处长)
- LIU Ye, Deputy Director of Alumni & Advancement Office (刘烨, 对外联络处副处长)
- Lecturer LI Zhiqing, a visiting scholar in the U.S. (李志青,在美学术访问的老师)
FDAANC (Fudan University Alumni Association of Northern California) is arranging the meeting between the Delegation and local alumni. This event is free to all alumni. Please make a good use of this opportunity to reconnect and communicate with other alumni. To facilitate us to better prepare for this event, please go to http://fdaanc062010.eventbrite.com/ to pre-register for the event.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
- Venue: 2077 Gold Street, #107, Alviso, CA 95002
- Date: Saturday, June 19, 2010
- 1:30 – 3:00pm Networking
- 3:00pmn – 4:30p.m. Meeting with the Delegation
- 4:30 – 6:00pm (Optional) Dinner with the Delegation
Remark: FDAANC will treat the Delegation at a local restaurant after the meeting; all attending alumni are welcome to join at their own cost.
A SPECIAL NOTE: As Prof. PENG Yuwen (彭裕文教授)is the former Chancellor of Shanghai Medical University(上医大) before it was annexed by Fudan, he particularly asked to meet some alumni from Shanghai Medical University. Please kindly pass this message to alumni of Shanghai Medical University.
Night of Shanghai 2010
March 9, 2010
Event: Night of Shanghai 2010
Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2010
Time: 6:00PM – 11:00PM
Cost: $15 for Adult, $10 for Kids between 5 and 12, Free for Kids under 5 if paid online;
If pay at the door, add $5 per person. (Online payment won’t be available after 11:59pm 3/12/2010)
Location: Chinese Performing Artistsof America (CPAA)
6148 Bollinger Road, San Jose, CA 95129
Dear Alumni and Friends,
You are cordially invited to the much-anticipated Night of Shanghai 2010. This is a special Chinese New Year party organized by Fudan University Alumni Association of Northern California (FDAANC) in collaboration with the following alumni organizations:
- Shanghai Jiaotong University Alumni Association of Silicon Valley
- East China Normal University Alumni Association in Northern California (ECNUAANCA)
- East China University of Science and Technology Alumni
Association of Northern California (ECUST_AANC)
- Tongji University Alumni Association of San Francisco Bay Area (TJUAASFB)
6:00pm – 7:00pm Check-in, Networking and Dinner
7:00pm – 8:00pm Performance and Prize Drawing
8:00pm -11:00pm Dancing and Networking
You will enjoy good food, games and art performance, catch up with many friends across 5 different associations, expand your network, find a business partner, or simply have a good time!
This traditional gala attracted more than 200 people each year, and every one of them has something nice to say about it, from the food to all the activities. It is an excellent opportunity to catch up with old friends, to meet new ones, to network, and to have fun!
This year, the gala is hold in a place of professionally designed for party, of spacious platform for art performance, of state-of-art audio & lighting equipment, of group dancing orientated ballroom, and of professional dancing director and DJ.
This year, you are saving money by entertaining you and your family because we only charge $15 for adults while the value of this party is over $30. The magic truth of this is carried out by our sponsorship and free volunteers’ labor.
This year, you will have fast and slow music for your interests in various dancing styles and routines from professional DJ, interact with awesome dancing director.
BTW: you have more discounts if you pay online, which spares you from hassle at the registration table.
In Short, You can not afford missing this gala, mark your calendar NOW!